lunes, 8 de julio de 2013

My favourite artist ?

Today I have to write about my favorite artist and I just can't choose one, so I'm going to talk about one of the greatest artist of art History.

Johannes Vermeer Van Delft 

Vermeer was one of the most  talented painters Dutch baroque art,  who specialized in domestic interior scenes of middle class life.

About his life He was born in 1632, His father was a silk worker with a taste for buying and selling art. In 1653 he married to Caterina Bolnes, who gave him eleven children  (can you believe it?). The need to support a big family prevented him enjoy sufficient economic relief.

Vermeer himself was also active in the art trade. He lived and worked in Delft all his life unlike most of the painters who traveled to many different places to increase their knowledge about art and also find new influences.

Vermeer wasn't a famous painter in his time,  but nowadays he is considered the great figure of Dutch seventeenth century after Rembrandt.

I really love the way Vermeer represented different scenes in his paintings.

His most famous painting is title "The girl with the pearl earring"




This painting inspired even a movie with the same name, directed by Peter Webber and starring by talented Scarlett Johansson. I'm sure Vermeer never imagined his paintings would become so famous someday.






Vermeer was called the painter of light, Here I add some of my favorite paintings, tell me, what do you think?
View of Delft , 1660

The milkmaid, 1658

The Geographer, 1668 

 

2 comentarios:

  1. I love this artist and I saw the movie "The girl with the pearl earring", great post my friend : )

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Oh my god!! I love Vermeer too, his paintings are so beautiful and different from the others painters. Lore I like your taste in art!, and also see your post in my blog, thanks (:

    ResponderEliminar