viernes, 5 de julio de 2013

Totally an expert

Hi guys

                         As you know, I'm a student of art history, so today I’m going to  
        write about a very important character in art world.

                                 Giorgio Vasari

He was an Italian painter and architect, but he was also a very important writer and historian. He wrote "Lives of the most eminent painters, sculptors and architects", for that reason he is considered the ideological foundation of art history writing.

Vasari was born in Arezzo, Tuscany.
At an early age he became a pupil of Guglielmo da Marsiglia, a skillful painter of stained glass. He went to Florence at the age of sixteen; he joined the circle of Andrea del Sarto where his humanist education was encouraged.  Vasari was friend of Michelangelo whose painting style would influence his own.
Often called "the first art historian" because he invented the genre of the encyclopedia of artistic biographies.  
In my first year at university I had to read a lot about Vasari, because he was the first Historian, and some day, when I finish my career I will write about the same things that he wrote so many years ago. He is an inspiration to me.


1 comentario:

  1. Thanks to Vasari we know the lives of the most important artists of the Renaissance!!! I like so much your post! A great character of the history of art! Greetings!

    ResponderEliminar